Concern & action: Party Wall

Attaining Party wall agreement with neighbours for detail work proposals

Suggested actions

Before Implementation

Check relevant part of Party Wall Act 1996. Serve notice to neighbours for any work to be done to party wall structures and/or concerning excavation near a party wall. Notice needs to be served in advance to work being carried out within the timescale specified in the act. Neighbours consent in writing is needed or party wall surveyor(s) need to be appointed to draw an agreement (if neighbours don't respond to the notice within 14 days, a dispute is assumed)

During implementation

After implementation